Director, Product Management, MATRIXX OSS Portfolio
The Product Manager will report into the VP, Product Management and interface with many corporate teams such as sales, pre-sales, product marketing and engineering. You should have solid working experience, be able to provide information about past work experience and references. The role is ideal for someone who is excited about working in a fast-paced start-up environment that is both dynamic yet flexible.
This is an individual contributor role with very high visibility and importance in the company. The product manager will drive overall product execution, define functional requirements, manage product introduction, and provide post introduction support for the OSS components of the MATRIXX portfolio targeted towards the emerging digital service provider market. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing requirements, working closely with engineering, clients, and marketing to deliver a superior SaaS and/or on-prem based end-to-end digital experience solution. The role requires presenting the vision for each stage to other stakeholders; defending and adapting the positioning as necessary based on all parties feedback.
The product manager will break down business requirements into clear and concise user stories that the developers are able to implement. The role provides the primary interface for the MATRIXX engineering and partners and is responsible for the solution specification and acceptance of work. The product manager must understand the MATRIXX product capabilities together with the higher level business requirements in order to effectively design the solution and specify low level technical tickets for the development team.
The ideal candidate will display the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines. Past experience working on Telco OSS and/or BSS applications is mandatory. Occasional domestic and international travel is required.
WHERE YOU’LL BE BASED:
You will work out of the MATRIXX HQ office in Saratoga, California. The company has offices located in Reading and Ipswich UK, Melbourne Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and the UAE. MATRIXX is small but mighty.
- Manage the MATRIXX OSS suite of applications with little direct supervision.
- Work with the field teams, partners and customers to define product requirements
- Communicate product roadmap and unique differentiators to internal groups and outside partners/customers
- Create user stories and use cases
- Review functional specification and high-fidelity visual design
- Liaise with engineering and external design agencies for design and definition of requirements
- Ensure the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace
- Work with product marketing and sales to create product positioning, content, collateral and tools
- Work with UX and UI teams to create functional specifications for new features (in the form of user stories and tickets)
- Hands on approach to understanding, configuring and testing software
- Engineering facing role to coordinate day to day priorities and definition of tickets within each sprint
- Minimum of 5 years in the role of hands-on Product Management in the telco OSS and/or BSS areas
- Deep domain knowledge in telecom OSS ecosystem and cloud model of delivery (GSM/3G/LTE OSS: commercial and service catalog design, commercial and service order management, network provisioning and activation, SPR/HSS, number management and number portability)
- Experience in fixed line OSS including physical and logical network inventory, workforce management, FTTH, ADSL, IPVPN and related technologies
- Good understanding of the relevant TM Forum standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Experience working in agile environment – ideally with remote and highly distributed teams
- Understanding of Java web application architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
WHAT MATRIXX OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Generous health benefit package
- Retirement Plan
- Work from home Tuesday and Fridays
- Exempt employees – Flexible paid time off
- Non-exempt employees – 15 days per 2080 hours worked
- Best kept secret in Silicon Valley – MATRIXX’s company culture!
WHAT MATRIXX DOES:
MATRIXX Software is Powering the FutureTM for market-leading Digital Service Providers (DSPs) worldwide.
Through patented real-time technology, MATRIXX enables service providers to innovate and profit from the transition to digital. The MATRIXX platform combines real-time charging, policy and digital experience to offer a differentiated customer experience.
Its technology provides DSPs with unique market advantages by delivering unrivalled performance. In deployment, it is proven to outperform existing real-time systems by greater than 100 times.
Using MATRIXX, DSPs can accelerate data monetization, rapidly deploy new service propositions and drive customer engagement.
INFORMATION ABOUT MATRIXX:
MATRIXX is a privately held company that has investments from Greylock Partners, Tugboat Ventures, Adams Street and also from several leading CSP’s. The company was formed 6 years ago and currently has approximately 100 employees.
Meet our Founder, CEO and CTO, Dave Labuda: https://vimeo.com/111154001