Technical Trainer / Coursework Developer
An opportunity exists at MATRIXX software for a Technical Trainer/Courseware Developer reporting into the Director of Education. In taking on this role you will conduct technical training courses for customers, partners and/or employees on the MATRIXX product set. The ideal candidate will be comfortable presenting to medium-sized groups of 4 – 16, understand the product in depth and be able to create a welcoming and systematic classroom environment. You should have a college degree, 5+ years of OSS/BSS experience in the Telecoms world and be highly technical. You should have solid working experience, be able to provide information about past work experience and references. The role is ideal if you are seeking a flexible, challenging and dynamic organization. Start-up or small company experience would be helpful.
This role will include travel to customers, partners and to MATRIXX’s headquarters in Saratoga, California and its EMEA offices located in Reading, UK and Ipswich, UK.
- Develop and deliver multi-level technical training programs for customers, partners and/or Company personnel worldwide.
- Develop instructor led training materials including hands-on labs and Web Based Training modules
- Evaluate training delivery and provide feedback
- Identify program needs, obtain technical data and maintain training records.
- Engage with engineering, technical support and professional services to ensure that course material reflects current product features
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to present in a dynamic and engaging manner while presenting to customers with a wide variety in audience members from software engineers to CFOs.
- Experience in solving problems and incorporating use case scenarios in training.
- Strong technical writing experience, including the research and analysis of technical topics and structuring this information in easily digestible format.
- Development of WBT modules to support the ILT courses using Adobe Captivate
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages and coding skills in Java.
- At least 5 years hands on experience of Linux/UNIX
- Thorough understanding of XML, Diameter, SS7/SIGTRAN
- An understanding of No-SQL databases would be an advantage
The location for this job is either the Reading, UK or Melbourne Australia office. The company headquarters is in Saratoga, CA and it has offices located in Reading and Ipswich UK, Melbourne Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia and the UAE.
WHAT MATRIXX OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive pay
- Stock options
- Generous health benefit package
- Retirement Plan
- Work from home Tuesday and Fridays
- Exempt employees – Flexible paid time off
- Non-exempt employees – 15 days per 2080 hours worked
- Best kept secret in Silicon Valley – MATRIXX’s company culture!