With rapid growth after key wins at AT&T México, Orange and Starhub, MATRIXX is quickly emerging as the fastest-growing charging system provider for 5G deployments.
SARATOGA, Calif., June 16, 2020 — MATRIXX Software, the global leader in 5G digital commerce solutions for communication service providers (CSPs), today announced the appointment of five strategic advisors with deep experience in building high growth telecom technology companies. These industry veterans will help MATRIXX develop strategies to further expand its leadership in powering 5G deployments for telecom operators worldwide.
Global leaders such as Vodafone, Swisscom, Verizon and Orange rely on MATRIXX for cloud native digital commerce solutions to radically increase operational agility, grow customer engagement and compete at web scale. The need for CSPs to compete at web scale has never been stronger as the rapid emergence of 5G is ushering in new business and operating models for operators and their enterprise customers.
“5G will support a new category of services for the enterprise market that most CSPs will be ill-equipped to effectively monetize using their existing charging systems,” explained John Abraham, Principal Analyst at Analysys Mason, “In the short to medium term, CSPs will invest in new convergent charging platforms, shifting away from complex and expensive-to-maintain monolithic frameworks. Cloud-native compliant, configurable, standards-based products that deliver exceptional architectural agility will become a key consideration in how CSPs procure systems in the future.”
As the only solution provider committed to delivering a configurable out of the box product, MATRIXX has emerged as the disruptor in the BSS and Charging markets. MATRIXX enters the 5G era powered by an impressive Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) in Annual Contract Value (ACV) of more than 40% over the last four years as well as 100% customer retention. MATRIXX’s continued success in the market has attracted the talent of new advisors to further the Company’s operational evolution and brand leadership.
“These five individuals bring exceptional depth and breadth to an already world-class team. Their expertise spans successful startups, CSPs and established networking companies,” said Glo Gordon, CEO MATRIXX Software. “As we enter into our hyper-growth phase, each will contribute a wealth of knowledge and experience to support MATRIXX’s scale.”
She continued, “Demand for our digital commerce solution has never been higher. Network teams deploying 5G know that what has worked in the past will not work in the future. Competitive dynamics, new enterprise opportunities and network agility are exponentially higher with 5G and that is why CSPs are choosing MATRIXX as their charging system partner. It’s an incredible time for us and I’m delighted that they have chosen to join us on our journey.”
Strategic Advisory Board MATRIXX is excited to welcome the following to its strategic advisory board:
- Hassan Ahmed – Founder, Former CEO and Chairman of Affirmed Networks, recently acquired by Microsoft. Prior to Affirmed, Hassan served as Chairman and CEO of Sonus Networks (Nasdaq:SONS). Before Sonus, he was EVP and GM of the Core Switching division of Ascend Communications (Nasdaq: ASND) and VP Engineering and Chief Technology Officer of Cascade Communications (Nasdaq: CSCC). Hassan has also held key leadership positions at Motorola and Analog Devices.
- Daniel Collins – Co-Founder and CTO of Jasper Technologies and former CTO of Cisco IoT Business Unit after Cisco acquired Jasper in 2016 for $1.4B. Daniel is an experienced leader and author in the telecommunications space. Prior to Jasper, Daniel held senior positions with Alcatel, TeleworX and Ericsson and was instrumental in successfully launching new, category-defining technologies globally, including 3G and the Internet of Things.
- Heinz Herren – Former CTO, CIO and current Executive Board Member of Swisscom. Heinz has also lent his expertise to many well-known companies by participating on their Board of Directors or Investment Committees, including Cablex Ltd, Swisscom Broadcast, Park Innovaare Ltd., Swiss Innovation, tiko Energy Solutions, and Credit Suisse.
- Cliff Johnson – Former Senior Vice President of Jasper Technologies and Vice President Global IoT Service Operations at Cisco after Jasper was acquired in 2016. Prior to Jasper, Cliff was VP and Head of Customer Support Operations at Ericsson North America and also led operations for start-up Spatial Wireless acquired by Alcatel.
- Macario Namie – Currently Chief Marketing Officer at ASAPP. Previously Macario was head of Strategy for the Internet of Things business unit at Cisco and CMO and Vice President of Strategy for Jasper Technologies. A Silicon Valley veteran with significant startup experience, Macario has also held senior leadership positions at Webex, ePeople, and Lycos.
Global CSPs are choosing MATRIXX for their 5G deployments as they realize that new ways to compete will require new technology partners. Legacy architectures simply do not enable the agility necessary to meet dynamically changing market demand for new offers and services. MATRIXX’s digital commerce solution is built for the future:
- Cloud-native, patented technology designed for web scale
- Click, not code configurations to support CI/CD
- API-first architecture
Learn more about the agility that global CSPs have achieved at www.matrixx.com/customers.
About MATRIXX Software
MATRIXX Software delivers a modern converged charging and commerce solution proven at scale. Its cloud native Digital Commerce Platform provides network-grade, mission critical software that unlocks new network monetization opportunities. With its no-code configuration capabilities, MATRIXX empowers service providers with the agility necessary to easily develop, deploy and monetize new products and services. MATRIXX is the platform of choice powering many of the world’s leading communications companies, IoT players and emerging network infrastructure providers. MATRIXX makes it possible to harness commercial innovation and on-demand customer experience to better compete and drive new revenue and growth opportunities across markets and verticals.